Ad blocking is a detriment to the entire advertising ecosystem, affecting mostly publishers, but also marketers, agencies and others whose businesses depend on ad revenue.” is said by Paul Verna, eMarketer senior analyst.
Online advertising is no longer a feasible solution for profiting revenue due to escalation and strengthening of ad blocking technologies. Adblocking tools are killing revenue stream of publishers. The vast majority of publishers relies on ads for generating revenue and has set dominant paradigm. Regardless, publishers are forced to try new tactics as ad blocking continues to grow at this pace and causes revenue losses. According to eMarketer report, in US, 77.1 million people use an ad blocker on their desktop or laptop PC, whereas 29.7 million use on their smartphones. Ad blocking usage in the US grew by 32% in 2017 versus 2016, reaching 86.6 million people. A new study from Juniper Research has estimated that digital publishers stand to lose over $27 billion by 2020, as online publishers struggle to find effective strategies to counter ad blocking.
If online ads don’t get downloaded, the publishers won’t be able to determine how much money they should make from their advertisement. Besides publishers hundreds of authors, bloggers, journalists, columnists, content creators, researchers and editors also get affected who earn from the online content industry by providing insightful ideas and knowledge. Blocking ads limits the ability of internet users to explore and get to know new things though they amenities the users to choose what to accept as users might filtered away with them. Actually not all users find ads as annoying or waste of their time. Many advertisements are informative and have insightful knowledge with which users can get to know about new things.
Ablockers are hurting online business revenues. They are needed to be squashed. We have come up with some adblocking solutions that can help you to combat adblockers. All of them are quite easy.
- Install Adzsafe
- Adzsafe is one of the best adblocking solutions. It’s the latest attempt in combating adblockers.
- It completely and fully disables adblocking software right away from operating in the browser.
- It lets online ads to be safely loaded and viewed. It doesn’t require asking ad publishers to replace their online ad providers with a different one, like other adblocking solutions require.
- It has ‘Free Internet Protection’ tools that successfully avoid from being detected by adblocker, and instantly disable adblocker.
- It is known for its ability to subside adblocker completely and for not requiring online ad publishers to change their ad providers.
- Use adblock walls
- It is a defensive measure helps publishers to count their revenue losses. They are used for hiding your website contents and minimizing functions by demanding from visitors to first disable the ad blocker in their browsers.
- Adblock walls report users that they won’t be able to access any of its content unless they do white-list the site.
- According to Page Fair 2017 Report, 90% of adblock users surveyed have encountered an adblock wall.74%of adblock users say that they leave websites when they encounter such an Adblock wall. This makes Adblock walls ineffective at motivating most adblock users to disable ad block software, even temporarily. It proved ineffective at ceasing adblock usage.
- Get white-listed
- There are many cases where million-dollar businesses shake hands with popular ad blocker companies for getting their sites white-listed which allow ads to appear in order the user to support the channel by giving view time to ads.
- Small online ad publishers might not have that bandwidth hence they keep to take the hit with eventual results of being shut down. Therefore, blocking may result in an uneven field of competition in these cases.
There are various options available for white-listing your advertisements. You can display a message to the visitors who’ve installed adblocker by asking them to white-list your site. Once the visitors disable adblocker, he/she will not see the message again.