The Global Human Recombinant Insulin Market, by Product Type (Rapid-Acting Human Insulin, Short-Acting Human Insulin, Intermediate-Acting Human Insulin, Long-Acting Human Insulin, and Premixed Human Insulin), by Brand (Humalog, Novolog, Apidra, Humulin R, Novolin R, Humulin N, Novolin N, Levemir, Lantus, Humalog Mix, Novolog Mix, and Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies) was valued US$ 27.4 billion in 2018, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 7.2% over the forecast period (2018 – 2026) as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Browse 35 Market Data Tables and 42 Figures spread through 205 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Human Recombinant Insulin Market, by Product Type (Rapid-Acting Human Insulin, Short-Acting Human Insulin, Intermediate-Acting Human Insulin, Long-Acting Human Insulin, and Premixed Human Insulin), by Brand (Humalog, Novolog, Apidra, Humulin R, Novolin R, Humulin N, Novolin N, Levemir, Lantus, Humalog Mix, Novolog Mix, and Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies) – Global Forecast to 2026”
To know the latest trends and insights related to human recombinant insulin market, click the link below: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/market-insight/human-recombinant-insulin-market-1797
Key manufacturers are engaged in launching novel human insulin portfolio and gaining regulatory approval for their insulin product portfolio. For instance, in August 2014, Eli Lilly and Company launched Jardiance (empagliflozin) as a treatment option for Type 2 diabetes patients in the U.S. Jardiance is a sodium glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitor with Type 2 diabetes patients. In March 2016, Biocon Limited collaborated with LaboratoriosPiSA S.A de CV (PiSA) to jointly develop and sell a generic recombinant human insulin in America. Biocon expects the product to launch by 2020 in the U.S. In February 2018, Novo Nordisk launched Fiaspa: a fast-acting mealtime insulin in the U.S. Fiaspa received U.S. FDA approval and indicated to improve glycemic control in adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. In December 2017, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Sanofi’s Admelog. Admelog is a follow-on mealtime insulin, which helps people living with diabetes manage blood sugar levels at mealtime.
Efficient diabetes management and ease of use creates need for advancements in current solutions of both insulin and its delivery systems thereby, offering reduced patient discomfort. Glucose Responsive Insulin (GRI) or smart insulin is a novel technology for people with diabetes, which works by automatically reacting to blood sugar fluctuations in body and responds to changing blood glucose levels. The lower or higher blood sugar levels are lead to release of more or less insulin, respectively. Smart insulin decreases the number of regular blood tests required and also minimizes the number of daily dose of insulin injections. Researchers from the University of North Carolina have been working on a smart insulin patch. For instance, in 2015, researchers reported that, smart insulin patch can use a micro-needles system to automatically detect high blood glucose levels and administer insulin appropriately.
To get holistic SAMPLE of the report including table of contents: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/1797
Key players in the human recombinant insulin market are implementing inorganic growth strategies to develop and introduce smart insulin technology in the market. For instance, in February 2016, Eli Lilly and Company acquired Glycostasis, Inc., a startup company engaged in developing smart insulin. Eli Lilly and Company is focused on developing Glycostasis’s ‘smart insulin’ technology.
Key takeaways of the Human Recombinant Insulin Market:
- The global human recombinant insulin market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period (2018 – 2026), owing to increasing technological advancement in recombinant human insulin by various key players.
- Long acting human insulin are projected to grow with higher pace during the forecasted period in the product type segment, owing to their higher efficiency and ability to offer consistent insulin delivery throughout the day, lasting 24 hours.
- Other brands hold major market share in brand segment, due to the involvement of innovative and new human recombinant insulin portfolio with increased patent expiry period such as Toujeo, Tresiba, Basaglar, among others; in this segment, which further expected to capture higher market share, during the forecast period.
- Retail pharmacies holds largest market share in distribution channel segment. As retail pharmacies offer direct access to full range of diabetes products, covering all prescription and over-the-counter products for patients with diabetes.
- Some of the major players operating in global human recombinant insulin market include Novo Nordisk A/S, Eli Lilly and Company, Sanofi S.A., Julphar Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries, Biocon Limited, Bioton S.A., Gan & Lee Pharmaceuticals, Ltd., Zhuhai United Laboratories Co., Ltd., Wanbang Biopharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. and Dongbao Enterprise Group Co., Ltd.
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.