Kamagra contains, Sildenafil citrate as the active ingredient, which is one of the popular drug of choice for treatment of erectile dysfunction. They are available most commonly as 100 mg tablets to be taken orally.The active component Sildenafil citrate present in Kamagra Tablets is not a habit forming drug nut persistent use without need can lead to psychological addiction or tolerance.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a sexual dysfunction in men in which a man is persistently not able to obtain and maintain a strong and firm erection of penis for penetration into female vagina. It is also called as the male impotence. The result is failure to obtain complete sexual satisfaction and sexual pleasure. Men between 40 -70 years of age are more commonly affected. Nowadays large population of young men is also suffering from erectile dysfunction due to poor lifestyle, stress, depression, anxiety, frustration, heart diseases, and diabetes.
Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
Medicines are the most popular of all treatments for men suffering from ED as medicines are easy to administer and give quick results as compared to the other treatments. The commonly prescribed medicines used for the treating erectile dysfunction include phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE-5 inhibitors) like Sildenafil, Tadalafil, and Vardenafil.
Mechanism of action of Kamagra
Kamagra inhibits the phosphodiesterase type 5 enzyme which is responsible for degradation of cGMP. This increases the concentration of cGMP inside penis which causes relaxation of smooth muscles inside penis. It also dilates the blood vessels in the penis to allow more blood to flow inside penis. This increased blood flow cause firm and strong penile erection for satisfactory sexual intercourse.
Side effects of Kamagra tablets include
• Loss of vision
• Hearing loss
• Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
• Pain in muscles, back, arms or leg
• Difficulty in breathing
• Persistent cough
• Upper Respiratory tract infection
• Skin allergy
Onset of action and Duration of effect
The action of Kamagra 100 tablets starts within 30 to 60 minutes after taking the medicine. The effect of this medicine lasts for an average duration of 36 to 40 hours.
• Kamagra can be taken with meals or without meals
• They are to be taken 45 to 60 minutes before having sexual intercourse.
• Take only the prescribed amount of dose by the physician. Do not exceed the amount of dose or duration of treatment without consulting your physician.
• Avoid crushing, chewing or splitting the tablets. Swallow it as a whole.
• Take this medicine with a glass of water.
• Avoid with high fat foods and grapefruit or its products.
Using Kamagra at its best
• Tell your doctor your medical history and current medicines that you are taking.
• Alcohol and tobacco consumption should be avoided during treatment with Kamagra tablets.
• Pregnant women and nursing mother should consult their physician before taking Kamagra.
• If you miss the dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. Do not take two doses at the same time to compensate for the missed dose. You can skip the dose if it’s almost the time for next scheduled dose.
• Seek immediate medical help if you experience overdose symptoms such as pain in chest, nausea, irregular heartbeats and feeling light-headed feeling or fainting.
• This medicine is contraindicated in patients who are taking blood pressure lowering medicines, nitrates or who are allergic to any PDE-5 inhibitor.
• Kamagra Tablets should not be administered to patients with a physical deformity of the penis as there is a more risk of permanent loss of sexual potency in these cases.
• The dose needs to be adjusted in case of persons suffering from kidney and liver dysfunction.
• This medicine is not to be taken by men below 18 years of age.