The first surprise the customers have when they decide to use tile or stone for their home renovation project is the cost. But installed accurately, the tile will last as long as you are in your house with proper maintenance. Let’s face it, it’s difficult to find anything else that can take so much abuse and keep on going.
Another thing people have is how untidy we are. By the time the tile masons reach its finish work time, and the last thing a homeowner wants to see is another mess. But have no fear; a good Mason cleans up after him or herself.
Here is a list available that should be read before going for hiring.
- For an area that gets a lot of water, you want to use a penetrating sealer. For other parts, you should use an acrylic water-based sealer. Make sure the area is clean and dry before reapplying a sealer. Don’t buy over the counter products. These products clean by acid and are eating your grout every time you use them.
- Cement board is made from the slurry with a layer of fiberglass mesh embedded into each side. It acts as a single unit and is nailed down. If the walls or floor being attached to are uneven or out of level or plumb, then the tile work will be out of line by the same amount.
- You need to use a masonry bit on your drill. Make sure to triple check where you want the hole because should you misplace it, it will be hard to reinstall the tile.
- Ceramic tile reflects the room temperature and holds on to that temperature for a long time. There are products out there that can be installed before tile installation that can warm up a floor.
- People ask about do we like the color they choose. They are not sure of the choices they made. Customers should always remember you will be looking at the tile for many years to come. If it is purchased before we get to the job.
- The cost of the tile depends on various factors, type of tile, type of installation, the layout of tile, and the type of grout used. You should choose the best Tilers In London who have years of experience.